Here are the 9/30/06 fundraising totals by branch for EF, LAF, LTI and the Association. In addition the EF totals are broken down by designation.
As you plan your year end giving, please do remember:
The Educational Foundation – provides funds to advance education, research, and self-development for women and to foster equity and positive societal change. Please consider “designating” your gift to
- The Eleanor Roosevelt Fund (#9170) to support Foundation research. [Pins for $100+]
- The Ann Chipley American Fellowship (#4051) – this fund in honor of a past-president of AAUW NC will, when it reaches the $100,000 threshold, start supportiing American and Selected Professions fellowships.
- The Charlotte Branch Research and Projects Fund (#1429) – this fund will, when it reaches the $35,000 threshold, start supporting Community Action Grants and Career Development Grants.
- Unrestricted Foundation Support (#9110) – to provide flexibility in awarding grants where they are most needed.
The Legal Advocacy Fund – providing funding and a support system for individuals seeking judicial redress for sex discrimination. [Pins for $100+]
The Leadership and Training Institute – founded in 2003 to address, through training and other programs, the issue that women and girls continue to be underrepresented in leadership and key professional positions. [Pins for $125+]
The Association – Contributions to the Association fund its advocacy work, program development, member services, and other efforts that would remain unfunded if it depended only on dues. [Pins for $120+]
- The AAUW NC 2006-2007 recognition program encourages branches to reach a total of $25/member in total giving (including EF/LAF/LTI/Association and local scholarships) and contributions to the AAUW NC 100 Club.
- If you find errors in the third-quarter totals, please contact the Development Office or Lill Van Order of the fundraising group of AAUW NC.
- For tips on fundraising and stories of fundraising successes and how your contributions are used see the November Fund Facts and the Winter 2006 LAF Update.