The Association and the Foundation have both extended the application deadline until June 4 for those who want to apply for positions on their committees.
The Association is looking for members of the following:
- Membership — support for branch/state membership efforts
- Program Development — Small-p programming that covers all that AAUW does in the community
- College/University Relations — connecting the members to the institutions of higher education
- International Relations — equity and women’s issues around the world
- Public Policy — the group that speaks for the members and shapes our public policy priorities
The Foundation is looking for members for its
- Development committee — serves a key role in encouraging contributions to the Foundation
- Program committee — guides the Foundation in its program efforts, from fellowships to awards and research.
If you’d like to apply, you can find more details in the May 21 memos posted at wiki.bbvx.org > Presidents’ Messages.
Note that Lill Van Order will be serving as the North Carolina liaison for the South Atlantic Region’s representative on the Association nominating committee. If you are interested in hearing about other opportunities, please keep Lill in the loop.