Thanks to Fairer Science for the pointer to the American Physical Society’s Committee on the Status of Women report on Female Friendly Physics Graduate Programs.
There are responses from 147 institutions so far (including Duke, UNC-CH, NCSU and Wake Forest) on
- How many tenure-track or tenured faculty — male/female?
- How many graduate students ? — male/female?
- Is there a family leave policy for graduate students? If so, describe.
- Is there family health insurance available for graduate students? Is it included in the stipend?
- In a paragraph, please describe why someone applying to graduate school who is interested in a female-friendly department should choose your institution.
Anyone want to volunteer to slice and dice the answers to the first two questions into a nice graph showing the data on the institutions in NC?