AAUW NC News September 3 – September 28, 2007 Please scan this list of “headlines” and if there’s something of interest, do read the full story. If these links are not “clickable” for you, go to http://news.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters for another copy of this and back issues, or use the “search” in the upper right of http://news.aauwnc.org to go straight to the right article. [On any page, you can click an article title to get the page with just that article – may be more suitable for printing.] AAUW NC News Additional information for the October 19-20 meeting in High Point will be posted in the next couple weeks. See the Fall Tar Heel News for the agenda and registration form. Please do plan to join us!
- AAUW NC Board Minutes 7-14-07 (09/26/2007)
- Communications Team Report for Fall Meeting 2007 (09/21/2007)
- AAUW NC 100 Club for 2007-2008 (09/19/2007) — see http://shop.aauwnc.org for 100 Club items and more!
- AAUW /JACKSONVILLE REGIONAL BRANCH SEPTEMBER 2007 NEWSLETTER (09/14/2007)
- Luncheon with Carolina Authors scheduled for November 10 (09/04/2007) – If you’re anywhere near Wilmington be sure to put this event on your calendar!
- Councilwoman Pat Delair to speak at Wilmington branch meeting (09/04/2007) – Notes on the Sept. 8 meeting.
- Infinite Possibilities Conference for minority women interested in math and statistics (09/28/2007) A national conference at NC State on Nov. 2-3. High school and college students are welcome. Registration deadline Oct. 12.
- No women in tech? Check this out (09/24/2007) Examples of women as successful entrepreneurs
- NGCP e-Newsletter for September (09/22/2007) Notes on October 10 webinar on minigrant applications
- Design Squad Engineering (with girls!) on TV (09/21/2007) PBS show
- Science House Girls Collaborative Kickoff Meeting (09/20/2007) – notes on the Sept. 18 meeting
- One small step for women in IT (09/12/2007) A certification program for information technology professionals where the certification team is majority female.
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, go to http://news.aauwnc.org and look for the “Get updates by e-mail” link in the “Join the Discussion” section near the bottom of the grey, right-hand column. Click that, then enter your e-mail address and click “Subscribe”, and you’ll get them as they are posted.
We still do use the e-mail list, firstname.lastname@example.org, but more and more information is getting posted to the news system where it’s available to those who’d rather not get more e-mail messages. For an annotated list of announcements from AAUW, including notes on the newsletter EdEqChange, check https://history.aauwnc.org/news. You can also “subscribe” to that through RSS using the address http://www.aauw.org/rss/news.xml. [See http://news.aauwnc.org/a-gentle-introduction-to-rss/.] Starting with July, 2007, you can find back issues of this newsletter at http://news.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters/ and subscribe to that through an RSS feed. If you’d like to add your branch news to this system, see this article. See also the branch news. If there are updates to the branch website addresses, please send them to me. If you have comments or suggestions on this e-newsletter system, please let me know.