AAUW NC News
August 1 – September 2, 2007
Please scan this list of “headlines” and if there’s something of interest, do read the full story. If these links are not “clickable” for you, go to https://history.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters for another copy of this and back issues, or use the “search” in the upper right of https://history.aauwnc.org to go straight to the right article. [On any page, you can click an article title to get the page with just that article – may be more suitable for printing.]
AAUW NC News
- Fall 2007 Tar Heel News has been posted (09/02/2007) – information on the Fall meeting, Oct. 19-20 and more!
- Advocacy Skills Training Project resources (09/02/2007) – more about using the Youth Advocacy Toolkit to make contacts with local campuses.
- Finding AAUW Leaders (08/26/2007) – here’s the cheat sheet that goes with the THN president’s column. Please bookmark this article on how to find contact information for national, state and branch leaders and contact me if anything isn’t clear.
- Juvenile Literature Award nominees (08/25/2007)
- Connect Now with the NC Conference for Women (08/22/2007) – This Charlotte event on October 30 is a major public relations effort for AAUW NC. Contact Barbara White for more information on how you can help.
- Statewide conference on financial literacy- Oct 8-9 (08/05/2007) – Event is in Chapel Hill.
- Brevard Branch Voter Guide Templates – NC House & Senate, US House (08/19/2007)
- AAUW Applauds House Passage of Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (08/06/2007)
- NC Earned Income Tax Credit Passed (08/06/2007)
- 2007 Victory on Public Financing (08/06/2007)
- The Science House Girls Collaborative Kick-Off eventâ€“Sept. 18 in Raleigh (08/29/2007) — this event is limited to only 125 people. There will be remote teleconference sites in Rosman (Pisgah Astronomical Research Inst.) and Northeast NC (exact location TBD). If you’re interested in networking with others involved in helping girls get and stay interested in science, technology, engineering and math, please check the details.
- Five Myths about Girls and Science (08/30/2007)
- Announcing the New AAUW South Atlantic Regional Liaison to the NGCP: Jennifer McDaniel (08/29/2007)
- New Website for the NGCP (08/29/2007) The site is now www.ngcproject.org
- Whatâ€™s the environment for female physics students? (08/28/2007)
- NGCP e-Newsletter – August, 2007 (08/12/2007)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, go to https://history.aauwnc.org and look for the “Get updates by e-mail” link in the “Join the Discussion” section near the bottom of the grey, right-hand column. Click that, then enter your e-mail address and click “Subscribe”, and you’ll get them as they are posted. We still do use the e-mail list, firstname.lastname@example.org, but more and more information is getting posted to the news system where it’s available to those who’d rather not get more e-mail messages.
For an annotated list of announcements from AAUW, including notes on the newsletter EdEqChange, check https://history.aauwnc.org/news. You can also “subscribe” to that through RSS using the address http://www.bbvx.org/rss/whatsnewaauw.xml. [See https://history.aauwnc.org/a-gentle-introduction-to-rss/.]
Starting with July, 2007, you can find back issues of this newsletter at https://history.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters/ and subscribe to that through an RSS feed.
If you have comments or suggestions on this e-newsletter system, please let me know.