Nov. 1 – Nov. 12, 2007
Please scan this list of “headlines” and if there’s something of interest, do read the full story. If these links are not “clickable” for you, go to https://history.aauwnc.org/category/headlines for a list of articles, or use the “search” in the upper right of https://history.aauwnc.org to go straight to the right article. [On any page, you can click an article title to get the page with just that article – may be more suitable for printing.]
AAUW NC Outreach Efforts
- Presentation to the NC Community College SGA (11/09/07) Thanks to Mary Peterson and Sheila Bassoppo-Moyo for carrying the AAUW message and information on the Young Advocates Toolkit to the Student Government Association.
- Tate wins Juvenile Literature Award (11/12/07) Thanks to Elizabeth Laney for representing AAUW NC at the presentation of the AAUW Juvenile Literature Award to Eleanora E. Tate (and thanks to Sheila for taking the pictures).
AAUW NC News
- Legal Advocacy Fund supports plaintiff in case against UNC-CH (11/09/07) Information on support for Melissa Jennings, former soccer player
- 2007-2008 Educational Foundation fellows and grantees of interest to NC (11/09/07) Who’s being supported and who our endowment funds are supporting.
- Social networking to benefit AAUW (11/09/07) How AAUW is beginning to use the social networking site Facebook. Lifelong learners are welcome to join in!
- Immigration Issues Information (11/10/07) Resources from the League of Women Voters
- Take action support the Gender Bias Elimination Act (H.R. 3514). (11/07/07)
- Notes from FairerScience.Org (11/07/07)
- NGCP Newsletters (11/07/07)
- See also public policy and branch news
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, go to https://history.aauwnc.org and look for the “Get updates by e-mail” link in the “Join the Discussion” section near the bottom of the grey, right-hand column. Click that, then enter your e-mail address and click “Subscribe”, and you’ll get them as they are posted. We still do use the e-mail list, email@example.com (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are getting this message second hand), but more and more information is getting posted to the news system so we don’t have to clutter your inbox.
See https://history.aauwnc.org/a-gentle-introduction-to-rss/ for more about RSS. See http://aauw.org/rss for the RSS feeds on the new aauw.org.
Starting with July, 2007, you can find back issues of this newsletter at http://news.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters/ and subscribe to that through an RSS feed.
If you’d like to add your branch news to this system, see this article. See also the branch websites (some with headlines) at https://history.aauwnc.org/branch-news. If there are updates to the branch website addresses, please send them to me.
If you have comments or suggestions on this e-newsletter system, please let me know.