Please scan this list of “headlines” and if there’s something of interest, do read the full story. If these links are not “clickable” for you, go to https://history.aauwnc.org/category/headlines for a list of articles, or use the “search” in the upper right of https://history.aauwnc.org to go straight to the right article. [On any page with a list of articles (such as search results), you can click an article title to get the page with just that article – may be more suitable for printing.]
Convention is soon! Plan to join us April 18-19 in Greensboro!
- Convention Deadlines are Near (03/12/08) – Make your hotel reservation by March 18! It’s easier to cancel than to find a room at the last minute!
- Special guest at the Convention (03/01/08) – Anthony Hill, member of the Association (national) board of directors, will be joining us in Greensboro and leading the Saturday afternoon session focused on messages from AAUW.
- Convention Clarifications and Corrections (02/17/08) – check out changes to the information on parking, and other updates. Bookmark that article and https://history.aauwnc.org/category/general/2008-convention/ to be sure to get all the updates on Convention.*
- Fundraising Report for 2007 (03/10/08) – Totals by branch for donations to the Foundation, LAF, LTI and the Association
- Minutes of the October board meeting (03/02/08)
- February 1 Membership Report (03/02/08)
- Treasurer’s Report: Jan. 31, 2008 (02/27/08)
- Reminder: Minutes from the 2007 convention were posted last July.
- Special invitation to convention to members-at-large (03/01/08)
- Donate to the Legal Advocacy Fund and participate in the AAUW NC challenge grant. https://svc.aauw.org/contribute/laf.cfml Let Lill VanOrder know about your gift and you’ll be recognized at Convention.
- Join the AAUW NC 100 Club and be recognized at Convention. Join by documenting the 100+ hours you spent on AAUW in 2007 or join with a donation. You can send a check to Mary Fran Schickedantz or purchase a 100 Club item at http://shop.aauwnc.org. Find the forms and information at https://history.aauwnc.org/documents/
- At least one branch is encouraging members to donate to LTI (the AAUW organization that supports the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders) as a way of honoring the memory of Eve Carson, UNC-Chapel Hill. To make a donation as part of this effort, go to https://svc.aauw.org/contribute/lti.cfml.
- News from Democracy North Carolina (03/13/08) – their spring newsletter and annual report
- Women’s Agenda Assembly Planning (03/09/08) – if you want to host an event like the Fall 2006 meeting in Statesville, the time to start planning and finding coalition partners is now! Buncombe County already has the date set! AAUW member Sandra Abromitis is the contact for that county. Let’s have several of us join her in leadership!
- Washington Update Table of Contents (02/29/08)
- NCWU Report Card Release Event (02/29/08) – Watch for the release on March 17, and join us in Raleigh if you can!
- Washington Update Topics Feb. 22 (02/23/08)
Other AAUW and AAUW NC news
- Virtual Packet for NC Assoc. of Women in Community Colleges (02/19/08) – Mary Peterson attended this event and helped the NCAAWCC members learn how they could collaborate with AAUW. If you’re talking to a community group — or doing a new member orientation — consider checking out this collection for ideas. See other examples in the presentations section of www.aauwnc.org.
- Get the details on NCCWSL! (02/27/08) – Download the flyer, encourage students to attend, do all that you can to make the 2008 National Conference for College Women Student Leaders the best ever for our young women. [NCCWSL is supported by the AAUW Leadership and Training Institute. At least one branch is encouraging members to donate to LTI as a way of honoring the memory of Eve Carson, UNC-Chapel Hill. To make a donation as part of this effort, go to https://svc.aauw.org/contribute/lti.cfml.]
- Women Graduates USA (02/17/08) – A new group has formed and has applied to be the US affiliate for the International Federation of University Women.
*To get e-mail about convention updates as they are posted,
- go to http://rssfwd.com
- enter the address https://history.aauwnc.org/category/general/2008-convention/feed/ in the “URL you’d like to subscribe to”
- click the submit button
- wait for a sample e-mail message to appear — it may take a minute or so
- enter your e-mail address and click whether you want “formatted” or “text-only” messages
- click the subscribe button
That’s it! [To get *all* AAUW NC news, use the address https://history.aauwnc.org/feed instead of the Convention-2008 address.]
We still do use the e-mail list, email@example.com (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are getting this message second hand), but more and more information is getting posted to the news system so we don’t have to clutter your inbox.