The full, 12-page edition as a PDF:
- Summer 2008 Tar Heel News
- errata – missing © on page 2; missing “919” in J. Bailey’s phone number on page 5.
See below for links to the original posts and web references for additional information.
The Front Page
- New report: Where the Girls Are, trends in educational achievement by gender.
- Plan now to host an Agenda Assembly this Fall
- Branches of distinction
New content for print edition:
- Discussion of Tar Heel News future (p 2). Related posts:
- #2 in the FAQ
- Earlier post on recruiting an editor
- Carol Newman, South Atlantic Regional Director (p 3)
- Brevard Pay Equity Day Rally (p 4)
- www.AAUWNC.org tips and tricks (p 2)
- Honoring 50-year members (p 10)
News from AAUW
- New report, Where the Girls Are, on trends in achievement by gender (p 1)
- Legal Advocacy Fund is in transition (p 2)
- 2009 Convention will be July 26-28 in St. Louis (p. 12)
- Branches of distinction (pp 1, 12)
- Thanks to Marty Folsom (p 10)
- Thanks to the Greensboro branch (p 9)
AAUW NC Convention information
- Complete list of articles and reports (noted on p 9)
- Pictures (pp 8-9)
- Convention schedule and Passover (p 3)
- Sponsors at convention (p 6)
- Membership awards (p 8).
- Fundraising awards (p 4)
- Media recognition (p 9)
- Young advocates toolkit recognition (p 9)
- 100 Club members — 2007 (p 8).
- Workshops: Interviewing Skills, Public Policy, Tools for Equity (p 10)
- Captioning at the Convention (p 11)
- Come to Wilmington (p 9)
News from allied organizations
- Women Graduates USA is forming to affiliate with IFUW (p 3)
- See also www.wg-usa.org
- National Girls Collaborative Project mini-grants (p 8).
- See also www.ngcproject.org, www.science-house.org
- Errata: Janet Bailey’s phone number is 919-515-9403
- AAUW NC Summer Meeting (pp 5, 12)
- AAUW NC Fall meeting (pp 5, 12)
- AAUW NC 2009 Convention (pp 9, 12)
- AAUW 2009 Convention – St. Louis (p 12)
- Brevard voter guide (p 12)
- Chapel Hill STEM project (p 6)
- Raleigh/Wake County financial literacy training for middle school girls (p 12)
- Sandhills-Southern Pines hosts wedding breakfast for former fellow (web only)
- Tryon “Strengths of Democracy” program series (p 12)
Other AAUW NC business
- FY09 budget (p 7)
- FY07 financial report (p 7)
- Branch officer forms (p 7) – were due June 1
- Branch dues reports (p 7) – are due July 1. Contact email@example.com or 866/525-2155 for help.
- Presentations on AAUW (p 7)
- How to get text messages with AAUW NC news (web only)