August 9 – August 24, 2008
Message from the Regional Director
The Winds of Change – Message from the RD (08/15/08) – we are publishing Carol Newnam’s remarks on the web instead of waiting for the publication of the Tar Heel News because her comments on the proposed AAUW bylaws are time sensitive. You may have seen earlier notices about this. If you want to review the proposal and make comments for the benefit of the Association Bylaws Committee, go to the Strategic Process area of the www.aauw.org member center. Review the explanatory memo and the draft of the proposed bylaws and submit your comments using the form you’ll find there. Deadline for comments is August 30.
Notes from the AAUW NC Summer Meeting
- Presentation on the AAUW IT Techs Project (08/12/08) – more about the state STEM project. These are the slides John Hoffler used at the Salisbury meeting.
- Project Planning Resource (08/13/08) – Carolyn Garfein’s project planning template.
AAUW NC News
- Registration for the fall meeting (08/16/08) – Plan to join us in Chapel Hill on October 31 and November 1 for the fall board meeting and more!
- Recruiting for 2009-2010 is underway (08/24/08)
- Belated picture from convention (08/13/08)
- Draft Women’s Agenda has been posted (08/24/08) – the document that forms the basis for Women’s Agenda Assemblies around the state
- Public Policy summer round up (08/13/08)
- Presentation on the AAUW IT Techs Project (08/12/08) –
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.