AAUW NC News
July 14 – September 8, 2009
AAUW NC FALL MEETING
The deadline to get hotel rooms for the October 9/10 meeting in Boone is September 10! Call (800) 951-6048. All members are welcome at both the Friday evening board meeting and the Saturday meeting. See below for the agendas and more detail on the hotel. Feel free to use this list to do “roommate matching.”
- Agendas for the Fall Meeting (08/31/09)
- Hotel and registration information for the Fall Meeting (08/30/09)
- Minutes from the summer board meeting (08/31/09) Board members should report corrections to Karla Atkinson.
Messages from AAUW
- Governor shows support for Healthy Youth Act (08/11/09) – video of Governor Perdue signing one of AAUW NC’s priority bills
- Is Anybody Listening? (07/28/09) – Summary of public policy issues for the long session and more.
Other AAUW NC news
- The fall Tar Heel News is delayed. The online version should be posted in a week or so. Watch for a call for volunteers to help with its publication, or if you’re interested in helping out or know someone to recommend, contact Millie or Connie. [See www.aauwnc.org/contacts/state.]
- FAQ on $tart $mart workshops (08/21/09) Learn more about the workshops to train college women to negotiate their first salary.
- Women on Board Workshops (08/07/09) – training for those interested in appointments to public boards. Sessions in Raleigh, Asheville, Charlotte, and the Triad
- FY08 Final Report (07/28/09)
- New map showing info on the branches (07/26/09) [This Google map is not working as well as we’d hoped. The page www.aauwnc.org/Branches/ sometimes works better — and has a link to an “alternate map” that’s guaranteed to work.
- New ways of communicating (07/16/09) – How AAUW NC is using Facebook and twitter
- Wilmington August/September 2009 Newsletter (09/07/09)
- AAUW Wilmington June/July 2009 Newsletter (09/07/09)
- Chapel Hill September newsletter (09/01/09)
- Raleigh/Wake County 2008-2009 report (07/23/09)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.