As part of the 2011 celebration of 130 years of AAUW, a new membership campaign started on Nov. 1, 2010. Your membership chair has more details, but here are the high points:
- Recruit a new member between now and Nov. 30, 2011 and you’ll be entered into a drawing for a free membership of your own.
- Learn about these important discounts that apply between Nov. 1, 2010 and Nov. 30, 2011:
- Graduate students pay $18.81 for a national membership (instead of $49)
- College/University partners pay $130 (instead of an enrollment-based fee of $125 for fewer than 1000 students to $350 for the largest institutions). Remember that once an institution is an AAUW partner, their undergraduates may join as e-student affiliates for free.
- Both of these discounts apply to new members and those lapsed for at least two years.
- If your branch increases its membership by at least 7% between 2/1/2010 and 2/1/2011, you can earn a free membership to give to another new member; 13% means two free memberships. To find your branch’s 2/1/2010 figure, see http://bit.ly/aMxTF9
- Here are some additional tips to help recruit new members:
- “Half-year” dues are available in January and February. [If you want to learn about how the Tar Heel Branch implements an 18-month membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- The “Shape the Future” program is still active and is a way for branches to earn additional free membership. The program gives a 50% ($24.50) discount on the national membership dues for those who join at an event.
See www.aauw.org for more details.