At the business session of the AAUW NC annual meeting on Saturday, April 2, a resolution was considered and passed to
- Reaffirm its support for protecting and advancing the constitutional rights and equitable treatment of all residents of the state.
- Urge the North Carolina General Assembly to repeal House Bill 2 at the earliest opportunity.
- Urge its members to send copies of this resolution to their members of the NC General Assembly and to the Governor.
- Urge its board to recommend that the AAUW national board change the AAUW diversity statement as soon as possible to include gender identity and gender expression.
Thanks to the Town of Carrboro for the initial draft of the resolution and to the AAUW Tar Heel branch for the edits which resulted in a resolution that it passed at its business meeting before the state meeting convened. The Tar Heel branch resolution was adopted by the state.
- Full text of resolution
- NCGA information on the bill
- Letter from scores of organizations (including AAUW and AAUW NC) to President Obama on the issue. Sent on March 30.