The members and branches of AAUW of North Carolina are generous in their support of the philanthropic programs of AAUW.
In calendar year 2017 we contributed $18,966 to AAUW, $20/member. This was down from the $28/member in 2016 when there were significant efforts to complete the Ann Chipley endowment and to respond to the national Charting the Course campaign.
The state donations by area were:
- $8,362 in unrestricted gifts to support national programs, $4453 through the Charting the Course campaign.
- $6,154 to the Educational Opportunities Fund for fellowships and grants
- Of that, some went to the Ann Chipley endowment, but most was unrestricted
- $1,516 to the Legal Advocacy Fund for legal case support, travel grants, and campus outreach programs (a substantial increase over last year)
- $1,277 to the Eleanor Roosevelt Fund to support AAUW’s gender equity research (a substantial increase over last year)
- $301 to the Public Policy fund supporting government relations, civic engagement, field organizing, and GOTV efforts
- $667 to other efforts including the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), and Leadership Programs Fund
AAUW of North Carolina gives special thanks to:
- Top five branches in total giving:
Hendersonville*, Cape Fear* (Wilmington), Brevard*, Orange-Durham-Chatham, Asheville
- Top five branches in per capita giving:
Hendersonville*, Orange-Durham-Chatham, Cape Fear*, Gaston Regional*, Charlotte
*Has been honored in the category for all of the last three years. Congratulations to Hendersonville and Cape Fear for their leadership in both categories.