- This site would not be possible without WordPress – an open source, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability – and the user community which supports it.
- It is hosted at DreamHost – a web service provider that has great support for open source software and offers web space and services for small sites at exceptionally affordable prices.
- The theme used from about 2013 through 2018 was based on Weaver or Weaver II.
- The current theme is neve.
- People involved include
- Janet Weber, the original web manager who hosted the site from 1998-2001
- Nancy Shoemaker, web manager from 2001 to present and responsible for the migration to WordPress and Dreamhost.
- Lorraine Elder, web consultant who helped enormously with the redesign of the site in 2003.
- Marty Folsom, long time editor of the AAUW NC newsletter who provided significant content.
- Millie Hoffler-Foushee, who, with her daughter, managed the first online registration and payment for an AAUW NC convention in 2002.
- And many other members of AAUW of North Carolina who have provided content and suggestions over the years.
- During the winter of 2018-2019, www.aauwnc.org was redesigned by TechTriad Labs and they continue responsibility for its system maintenance while AAUW members concentrate on content.
- Plugins used:
Akismet Anti-Spam 4.1.3
» Automattic (url)
Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from spam. It keeps your site protected even while you sleep. To get started: activate the Akismet plugin and then go to your Akismet Settings page to set up your API key.
» iThemes (url)
The most complete WordPress solution for Backup, Restoration, Migration, and Deployment to the same host or a new domain. Backs up a customizable selection of files, settings, and content for a complete snapshot of your site. Stash Live feature allows for real-time live backups to the cloud.
Classic Editor 1.5
» WordPress Contributors (url)
Enables the WordPress classic editor and the old-style Edit Post screen with TinyMCE, Meta Boxes, etc. Supports the older plugins that extend this screen.
CMS Tree Page View 1.6
» Pär Thernström (url)
Adds a CMS-like tree view of all your pages, like the view often found in a page-focused CMS. Use the tree view to edit, view, add pages and search pages (very useful if you have many pages). And with drag and drop you can rearrange the order of your pages. Page management won’t get any easier than this!
Jetpack by WordPress.com 7.9.1
» Automattic (url)
Bring the power of the WordPress.com cloud to your self-hosted WordPress. Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.
Simple Twitter Tweets 4.4
» Ashley Sheinwald (url)
Display last x number tweets from Twitter API stream, store locally in database to present past tweets when failure to access Twitters restrictive API occurs
WP Block Admin 0.2.3.0
» Callum Macdonald (url)
Block access to the admin interface based on user capability. The default is only editors and admins are allowed access, but the required capability can be set by editing the plugin file.