The messages in this thread are mostly from the AAUW Theme Team e-mail list. Contact your email@example.com for more information.
Audrey Salgado, president of AAUW AL, writes:
AAUW of Alabama is working with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). They provide at no cost training and mateials for Money Smart, a finanical literacy program. It is an adult education program building knowldege, security, confidence and written at an eighth grade level. AAUW of Alabama Student Affiliates at Judson College has adopted this program and volunteer in the middle school and high schools in their county, one of the poorest counties in Alabama as well as the United States. AAUW of Alabama also promotes this on college campuses for the college/university students. We plan to expand this program at our April State Convention for promotion throughout the state. FDIC has a train the trainer program for the ten modules.
There are eight regional offices:
- Atlanta, GA (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia)
- Boston, MA (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- Chicago, IL (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin)
- Dallas, TX (Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas)
- Kansas City, MO (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North and South Dakota)
- Memphis, TN (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee)
- New York, NY (Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands)
- San Francisco, CA (Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevad, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
To obtain a free copy of the Money Smart program, mail or fax a request to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 550 17th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20429, Attention: Money Smart Order Desk, 801-100, Fax: (202) 416-2111 – allow 3 weeks for shipping. For more information visit the Money Smart Website at http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/moneysmart/mscbi/mscbi.html
Also watch for more information on financial literacy from the Association by the end of the month.