Skip to content

Public Policy and the website

  • by

One of the easiest and fastest ways to find out about an AAUW federal public policy issue or to contact your MC (member of Congress) about a public policy issue is as follows:

Go to the AAUW Association website:

You will see a lot of different colored menus for a click near the top of the page.  Click on Issue Advocacy.  You will then get about 10 choices.

If you want more information about the issues click on Washington update or Action Alert.

If you want to send an e-mail to your MC about an issue click on 2 minute activist.  Here you use selected information and some information you select to quickly compose and send an e-mail.  You just put in your zip code and you have your members of Congress pop up.  It really takes no more than 2 minutes.

If any part of this e-mail is unclear or if you have trouble using the above information, feel free to contact Mary Peterson. e-mail:

1 thought on “Public Policy and the website”

  1. I’d also recommend using the 2-minute activist to send letters to the editor and such. I used it yesterday to send a press release to the Raleigh News and Observer. Look for the “media guide” tab.

    Your dues are paying for this service! Take advantage of it yourself and encourage others to “get the most for their money!”

Comments are closed.