Some links may require login to the AAUW Member Center — use your member id for that.
Women in Transition Program is Toast of the Town
On November 19, AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund Director Lauren Kamnik presented the 2007 Progress in Equity Award, along with a $5,000 stipend, to the Women in Transition program at Charter Oak State College in New Britain, Connecticut.
Read the latest issue of EdEqChange (December 5, 2007)
Early December briefing to member leaders reports that a new Executive Director been named, dates are set for the 2008 student leadership conference, and Capitol Hill Lobby Corps delivers AAUW branch support to Senate.
The Presidential Primaries and Caucuses Are Coming
Election Day 2008 is less than one year away. And this cycle, the primary elections and caucuses start in January, so you’ll need to start preparing now to ensure women’s voices and issues are heard on Election Day, Nov. 4, 2008. Forward an election day e-card to a friend and encourage them to register to vote and get involved.
- ‘I Was Called Names Like <deleted for spam filter>
- Alabama’s AAUW to Launch Ready to Run Program to Elect More Women to Office
- A Sad Social Divide that Stretches Around the World
- Wilson Magnet Students Reach Out, Touch Lives at Mary Cariola Center
- Creating Bonds
- Science Contest Glass Ceiling Shattered
- Sexual harassment is no joke, but it may begin there
- US gender pay gap widening, finds survey