AAUW North Carolina would like to extend a special invitation to the at-large members of the Association to attend our 2008 Convention in Greensboro.
April 19, 2008
Greensboro Marriott Downtown (info)
The day will include:
Opening Plenary – Hear from AAUW South Atlantic Regional Director Carol Newnam who will frame the day and give her perspective on the changing AAUW
Morning Workshops — Choose one of
- Public policy in your hometown – how to make a difference at the local level. Hear from local officials.
- AAUW Tools for Equity – overview of the AAUW reports and guides. Learn what the Association does with part of your dues.
- Interviewing Skills – learn how one branch is addressing one of the issues that has such an effect on pay equity
Luncheon — Hear Alma Adams, an NC Representative and an inspiring speaker.
Afternoon — Everything AAUW. You are welcome at the business meeting, and may wish to join us for the informational session led by AAUW board member Anthony Hill, who will give us an overview of the strategic changes that have been converting AAUW to a stronger organization.
Banquet – We’ll have a gala evening with NC Senator Kay Hagan, a strong advocate for issues aligned with our public policy goals, as our speaker.
Finally, if you’d like to get more involved in AAUW in North Carolina, do join us for the Sunday morning breakfast led by president-elect Millie Hoffler-Foushee.
We hope to see you there!
- If you’d like a vote at the business meeting, you do need to join AAUW NC ($11/year). Please contact president Nancy Shoemaker for more information about extending your AAUW membership to the state level.
- If you have a friend you’d like to bring along, note that there is a special rate for nonmembers (and a special deal for those who join when they register).
- Check www.aauwnc.org for all the convention news and updates.