Briefing on the change to the AAUW logo – Learn more about how the logo is changing to support the strategic changes in AAUW
AAUW Releases “Where the Girls Are” Report
The latest research from AAUW provides the most comprehensive analysis to date on trends in educational achievement by gender, race, ethnicity, and income. Where the Girls Are looks at girls’ educational achievement during the past 35 years, paying special attention to the relationship between girls’ and boys’ progress.
AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund Briefing (May 16, 2008)
The AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund is transitioning towards programs that will help women in all workplaces. Learn more about LAF’s programmatic plans going forward.
New AAUW Branch Public Policy Manual Available
Download this new resource to help plan and implement public policy programming in your community and generate excitement about advocacy with your members. (Members only. Login required.)
Register Now for the Women of Distinction Awards Ceremony!
Held in conjunction with the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, the Women of Distinction Awards Ceremony pays tribute to women leaders who have made extraordinary contributions in their professions or their communities. This year, AAUW and NASPA are proud to recognize Kimberly Dozier, Majora Carter, Evelyn “Pat” Foote, Maya Ajmera, and Jovita Carranza as the 2008 Women of Distinction Award recipients.
2008 National Conference of College Women Student Leaders Workshops Available!
Workshop sessions will provide NCCWSL conference participants with an opportunity to learn about and discuss many of the leadership issues facing college women today. Presented by seasoned professionals, the workshops available will cover a variety of exciting and relevant topic areas such as advocacy, leadership skill-building, financial management, and health and wellness.
- Our view on gender and education: Yes, university women, there is a boy problem, Opposing view: Girls gain, and so do boys – USA Today, May 21, 2008
- Study disputes “boys crisis” in schools Denver Post, May 21, 2008
- Report Aims to Debunk Myths on Gender and Education The NewsHour, May 21, 2001
- Study Likely To Spur Debate On ‘Boy Crisis’ Wall Street Journal, May 20, 2008
- Is There a Crisis in Education of Males? Inside Higher Education, May 21, 2008
- Girls’ Gains Have Not Cost Boys, Report Says New York Times, May 20, 2008
- No Crisis For Boys In Schools, Study Says Washington Post, May 20, 2008
- ‘Boys Crisis’ Disputed Hartford Courant, May 20, 2008
- Study disputes bias, says both girls’, boys’ grades up Houston Chronicle, May 19, 2008
- School daze: Title IX, retaliation trials head to Butte County
- Winners’ Circle: Off to science camp this summer
- ARTS: Author Nalini Jones will be luncheon speaker
- Holvino to speak at AAUW meeting
- Mentors help guide college-bound girls
- Remembering Women Soldiers
- The First Woman…
- Which Women (and Men) Are You Talking About?
- Talking About Where the Girls Are
- Build Buzz on Where the Girls Are
- The Slump: It’s a Guy Thing
- Girls, Sports and Sportsmanship
- All He Wanted to Do Was Take His Wife’s Name