April 8- May 2, 2008
Thanks to all who made the 2008 Convention such a success! There are still some reports, pictures, and summaries to post, but you’ll find a lot of information below!
Reminder: the deadline for the Tar Heel News is May 23. There’s already a preliminary list of articles. Post your information in time to get it distributed to all — or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Apologies, but if there’s something in your branch newsletter that’s of general interest, please do mail it separately — or post it! — to be sure it’s considered for the state newsletter.)
- Mark your Calendar: Convention 2009 – Friday, March 27 (05/02/08) – Invitation to Wilmington for Convention and the celebration of 100 years of AAUW in North Carolina!
- Highlights of the AAUW NC Convention (04/21/08) – pictures!
- Convention Workshop Review: Interviewing Skills (05/02/08)
- Convention Workshop Review: Public Policy in Your Hometown (05/01/08)
- Media Success Challenge (04/22/08)
- Fundraising Awards (04/21/08)
- Membership Growth Awards (04/21/08)
- Member-Get-A-Member Hall of Fame (04/16/08)
- Information for the board meeting and business session (04/16/08) – virtual packets that may be easier to share than paper
- Sponsors at the AAUW NC Convention (04/20/08) – please support these organizations and/or thank them for supporting us
- STEM/NGCP at Convention (04/16/08)
- Convention Clarifications and Corrections (04/16/08)
- Notes from the Fundraising Committee Convention 2008 (04/13/08)
- COMMUNICATIONS TEAM ANNUAL REPORT 2007-2008 (04/11/08)
- Advocacy Team Updates (04/16/08) – virtual packet from Mary and friends
Other AAUW NC News
- Mark your Calendar: Fall Meeting (04/10/08) – Join us November 1 in Chapel Hill.
- Please report branch officers for 2008-2009 (05/02/08) – It is critical to tell both AAUW and AAUW NC who will be leading your branch next year!
- AAUW NC FAQ (04/16/08) – Nancy’s somewhat idiosyncratic views. Please do write to her or post in the comments if you see things differently.
- Visit to Asheville (04/24/08) – A “virtual” version of Nancy’s visit to Asheville and her discussion with the Asheville branch board.
- Updates for May 6 Election (04/28/08) – links to voter guides and other information
- Call Sen. Dole about the Fair Pay Act (04/22/08) – unfortunately, these calls did not sway her on this vote
Branch annual reports
It’s not too late to submit your own — either e-mail to me or post directly.
- Asheville, 2007-2008 (04/16/08)
- Brevard, 2007-2008 (04/16/08)
- High Country, 2007-2008 (05/02/08)
- High Point, 2007-2008 (04/20/08)
- Sandhills-Southern Pines, 2007-2008 (04/16/08)
- Wilmington, 2007-2008 (04/16/08)
Other Branch News
- AAUW/Jacksonville Regional Branch May/June 2008 Newsletter (05/02/08)
- AAUW/NC Jacksonville Regional Branch April 2008 Newsletter (04/15/08)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.