See http://www.aauw.org/rss/ for information on how to get this information as soon as it’s posted. It’s also reposted on the AAUW NC NEWS page at www.aauwnc.org/news/.
Summary of AAUW National Bylaws Feedback
The AAUW Bylaws Committee provides a summary report on member feedback received about the proposed 501(c)(3) AAUW Bylaws.
AAUW to Launch Major STEM Study with Funding from National Science Foundation
AAUW has won a two-year, $249,000 grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to launch a major study of the causes and dynamics behind the low participation of women and girls in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
September/October AAUW Mission and Action e-bulletin
Topics in this issue include the Educational Foundation’s 50th Anniversary; announcement of the 2008-09 AAUW Student Advisory Council; reminders to apply for the 2009-10 fellowships, grants, and awards; unveiling of the AAUW Member Showcase; links to the Congressional Voting Records and voter guides; and much more.
AAUW Current Topics Briefing #11
This issue of the member briefing reviews the governance role of the AAUW boards and reports from the joint boards meeting in October 2008.
AAUW Membership Toolkit Updated
Get the tools you need to navigate your role as AAUW Membership Vice President and meet the needs of your branch and state.
New AAUW Voter Guides Released
Election voter guides for the vice presidential candidates and House races in Ohio’s 15th District and New Jersey’s 7th District are now available online. The voter guides provide nonpartisan information about candidate positions on AAUW priority issues.
Current Topics Briefing #10
Today AAUW launches a new online feature, the AAUW Member Showcase, which enables branch, state, and national events to be publicized on the AAUW website.
- Meet Elaine Hale: Chemical Engineer
- Powerhouse Women
- Blog Action Day: When Will We Teach Poverty in a History Class?
- Blog Action Day: Dying to Give Life
- Blog Action Day: Pay Equity to Help End Poverty
- Equity Issues (October 1 – 15) – Articles in this edition:
- – AAUW News
- – Camp Helps Girls Get into Math, Science
- – The Race for the White House
- – Major Supreme Court Cases for the New Term
- Equity Issues (Sep. 16 – 23) – Articles in this edition:
- — AAUW Gives Feingold Perfect Score on Women’s Issues
- — McCain, Obama in Virtual Tie for Women’s Votes, New Poll Finds
- — Cheers & Jeers of the Week: Rwanda Women Gain Seats; World Leaders Fall Short
- — Lilly Ledbetter, a Real War Hero, Could Help Obama Win