Current Topics Briefing #14
AAUW announces the AAUW Branch and State Local Scholarship Clearinghouse Pilot Program to create a centralized online undergraduate AAUW scholarship application process.
AAUW Federal Policy Agenda for 2009-2010
Read an overview of AAUW’s recommendations for the 111th Congress tailored to reflect the political landscape and Congressional and Executive Branch priorities.
AAUW Tracks Presidential Transition
As the country prepares for President-elect Obama to take the oath of office on January 20, 2009, AAUW will track the changes taking place in Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Current Topics Briefing #9 REVISED
This revised briefing further describes the Membership Pilot Program (MPP), a voluntary pilot program that assists members and branches with dues payment, collection, and processing.
AAUW National Convention Registration Now Open
Register now for the 2009 AAUW National Convention. The Convention will be held June 26-28 in St. Louis.
Best Value registration ends January 15, 2009. Best Value registration is the same price as the 2007 Early Bird member registration.
AAUW Congratulates General Ann E. Dunwoody
AAUW salutes Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody on this historic achievement, as well as all women in uniform who join her in serving this country with courage and distinction
EVENT: Where the Girls Are Panel Discussion
Report author and AAUW Research Associate Christianne Corbett will participate in a panel discussion on AAUW’s recent research report, Where the Girls Are: The Facts About Gender Equity in Education. Presented by Penn State Public Broadcasting , the panel will discuss the impact of gender, economic, and ethnic barriers to academic achievement.
AAUW Note Card Design Contest Voting Begins — don’t forget! voting continues to 12/15.
- Ledbetter Ruling to Affect Hulteen
- Get a Gift That Keeps On Giving!
- Whose Rights? Everybody’s.
- Men Coaching Women
- I Can Open My Own Door, Thank You, Sir
- Equity Issues (Nov. 13) – Articles in this edition:
- – AAUW’s Christianne Corbett to Appear Thursday, Nov. 13 on WPSU TV’s ‘Common Ground Lobby Talks’ to Talk About Where the Girls Are
- – State Law Threatens Gender-Equity Programs
- – Local Woman Heads AAUW of Michigan
- – Feinstein Leads Pack of Possible Candidates for Governor
- Give the Gift of Action This Year
- Make Real Progress on Pay Equity
- Support Paid Sick Days to Keep Families Healthy