Read the key messages to members from AAUW NC co-Presidents Jean D’Addario and Sandra McLaurin
Public policy resources:
- 2016 Voter Guides — look for ones for the races for NC Senate and NC Governor
- Directory of Title IX coordinators for K-12 Districts in NC. (Is there someone in your branch tracking Title IX issues in your county?)
- AAUW Action Fund’s “Its My Vote” webinars will be Aug 31, Sep 28, and Oct 14. Topics will be voter registration, voter education, and voter turnout. Register now at those links!
- AAUW NC has supported Brevard’s GOTV effort, but they need your help to increase their impact. If you are on Facebook, like AAUW NC Brevard, and like, comment and especially SHARE their posts. (While you are there, do the same for AAUW NC on Facebook.)
- AAUW members were well represented at the Bennett V conference. See our booth (and note a Tar Heel branch discount on dues through Aug. 22). Be sure to visit the new website www.whyvotenc.org. Our public policy chair Denny McGuire helped with that.
- This communication isn’t just for the branch presidents. Share it with your branch members — maybe by reminding them they can find it at www.aauwnc.org and looking for recent posts.
- Watch for an announcement of pairings of board members to branches. We hope that each branch having a specific liaison to the board will improve communication. Your branch president may already have heard from the assigned liaison.
- The final year of fundraising for the Chipley endowment continues. See the summary and this tip to use the endowment to honor folks in your community.
- Mark your calendars for 3/31-4/1/2017 NC Annual Meeting. NEW: It will be at the Greensboro Downtown Marriott.
- AAUW 2017 Convention: June 14-17 in DC