To help bring AAUW NC and the branches closer together, the new AAUW NC Co-Presidents Jane Terwillegar and Cherrie Wheaton have recommended five regional meetings where they will meet with branch leaders. The 17 branches are clustered into five geographic regions:
- Eastern (Jacksonville Regional, Twin Rivers, Wilmington)
- Triangle (Orange/Durham/Chatham, Raleigh/Wake County, Sandhills/Southern Pines)
- Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem)
- Southern (Charlotte, Gaston Regional, Salisbury)
- Western (Asheville, Brevard, Bryson City, Hendersonville, Tryon Area)
The initial five regional meetings are currently being planned for late August and early September and the schedule will be announced soon.
The co-presidents also recommended a focus on three major issues:
- pay equity
- advocacy (especially passing the ERA Amendment in NC), and
- STEM education.
This focus will include AAUW NC support for local branch activities in these three areas.
Both Jane & Cherrie expect to attend all five meetings, and they will be joined by other AAUW NC board members as schedules permit. This will be a welcome opportunity for the board to meet in small groups with branch leaders and all ideas will be welcomed. If you have comments and suggestions, both co-presidents can be reached by using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org