Join us Friday afternoon and Saturday, March 31-April 1, for the 2017 AAUW NC annual meeting in Greensboro. We will be joined by Melissa Johnsen, member of the national AAUW Board, who will lead a workshop on Reproductive Justice and address the broader context of the impact of the national election on women’s rights.
Greensboro Marriott Downtown for all events but the Friday dinner.
304 North Greene St., Greensboro NC 27401
The AAUW rate is $125/night (2 doubles/king) and includes complimentary parking. Deadline for the AAUW rate is
March 3 March 10.
Dinner Friday is at the Liberty Oak Restaurant
100-D W. Washington St. Greensboro
about a half-mile from the hotel
- Meeting Overview
- Agenda for Friday, March 31 — afternoon meeting for branch presidents; evening discussion for all branch members
- Agenda for Saturday, April 1 — business meeting, workshop, statewide virtual branch meeting, and more
- Meeting Registration
Background information and notes
- The Friday night restaurant is not far from the hotel, walking distance for some, but others may wish to drive and there is a garage near the restaurant. Please do indicate on the registration form if you will be joining the group in the hotel for dinner, but you are free to grab a bite somewhere else.
- The business meeting will include a the election of officers for 2017-2019 — see page 11 of the recent Tar Heel News.
- Note that the statewide, virtual branch, the Tar Heel Branch, will meet at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday in the hospitality room before the AAUW NC meeting is convened. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome — THB membership is just $5 for those who are pay AAUW dues through another NC branch.
- The workshop/keynote will be presented by AAUW board member Melissa Johnsen — see page 3 of the recent Tar Heel News.
- For more information on Ann Chipley and the recently completed endowment in her honor, see this post about the final year of fundraising.
- Sheila Turnage, winner of the 2016 Juvenile Literature Award, will join us on Saturday. Each branch attending will receive a copy of her book to put in their public library, and you may purchase additional copies when you register for $13.42 each. Learn more about the award and her book.
- Program: Jean D’Addario, 910-540-7702; Sandra McLaurin, 910-392-0395, email@example.com
- Logistics: Cherrie Wheaton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: JoAnn Taylor Hall, 910-577-1890, email@example.com
- Toll-free voicemail: 866-525-2155
More news about the meeting
- Documents for 2018 annual meeting (12/6/17)
Initial list of documents that will affect the 2018 annual meeting of AAUW NC.
- Summary of the 2017 Annual Meeting (5/13/17)
What happened at the AAUW NC 2017 annual meeting? Read the May e-Newsletter to find out.
- AAUW NC 2017 Legislative Priorities (4/3/17)
Again this year the AAUW NC Public Policy Team, led by Denny McGuire, has released a set of legislative priorities. Please take them back to your branches and stay in touch with the information coming out of the General Assembly. AAUW NC Legislative Priorities for 2017
- Notes from Workshop on Reproductive Justice (4/3/17)
Facts and figures related to the history of reproductive rights in the US, how the landscape changed with the 2016 election, and what we can do nationally and in NC.
- Video from AAUW message (4/1/17)
- 2016 Fundraising Totals (3/23/17)
Summary of giving to AAUW Funds for 2016 -- how much each branch contributed to each of the AAUW priority areas plus an honor roll of contributions by individuals.
- Ann Chipley Fellowships – starting 2017-2018! (3/21/17)
Celebrate with us that AAUW scholars into the future will be funded by a fellowship carrying Ann's name.
- 2016-2017 AAUW Fellows in North Carolina (3/16/17)
Congratulations and welcome to the 2016-2017 AAUW fellows who are studying in North Carolina.
- February 1, 2017 Membership Count (3/9/17)
The official "membership count" for AAUW branches occurs on February 1. Here is the history of NC branches since 2014.
- Our 2017 Annual Meeting – March 31/April 1 (2/24/17)
AAUW NC will meet on March 31 and April 1 at the Greensboro Downtown Marriott. Join us! (meeting details)
- Hotel info for the 2017 Annual Meeting (2/22/17)
Deadline for the AAUW rate at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown is
March 3March 10. Register now!
- Winter 2017 Issue of the Tar Heel News (2/15/17)
Download the online version of the newsletter.
- Updated bylaws have been posted (2/12/17)
A version of the AAUW NC bylaws with changes mandated by AAUW has been posted.
- 2016 Juvenile Literature Award to Sheila Turnage (2/9/17)
Sheila Turnage's book, Anybody Shining was honored as the winner of the 2016 AAUW (NC) Juvenile Literature Award.
- Monthly e-Newsletters (1/5/17)
We're using a new system to send messages to the branches.
- Summer 2016 Tar Heel News (8/5/16)
The Summer 2016 issue of the AAUW NC newsletter, the Tar Heel News.
- Minutes from the April 2, 2016 Meeting (4/22/16)
Minutes of the meeting with attached resolutions.