2007 NC Summer Mtg
At the summer meeting in Gastonia, we handed out copies of the executive summary of Behind the Pay Gap. If you’d like to make additional… Read More »AAUW Research: Behind the Pay Gap, 2008 plans
College/University partners are institutional members of the Association. Each campus may name a faculty or staff member as its representative to the “broader” AAUW efforts. The representatives are encouraged to tap the branch resources when that makes sense, and the branches may contact the representatives with information about projects such as the Youth Advocacy ToolKit.
Attendees at the AAUW 2007 convention were treated to several powerful videos. The July edition of EdEqChange has information on access to those. All members are encouraged to read those memos, but because of wide interest in the videos, that portion of the memo is reprinted here.
- AAUW: Because Equity Is Still an Issue (a new AAUW promotional video unveiled during the Intergenerational Plenary on Monday, July 2)
- Sherry Schiller: Change and AAUWâ€™s Strategic Process Plenary (plenary presentation on Saturday, June 30)
Both videos can be ordered through ShopAAUW beginning August 1 at the price of $7 for a DVD or $12 for a VHS, plus shipping and handling. (If you have an urgent request before August 1, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.) Limited quantities will be available. Convention attendees who filled out an interest form at convention will receive an e-mail with a promotional code for an additional 10 percent discount.
Members are encouraged to use the AAUW: Because Equity Is Still an Issue video as a promotional and marketing tool by sharing it with other members, the public, and organizations in your community that may want to learn more about AAUW and its mission.
Hereâ€™s how to obtain some of the other videos and presentations from the convention:
- The presidentsâ€™ and executive directorâ€™s â€œState of AAUWâ€ presentation will be posted on the AAUW website in early August. (Members who are interested in purchasing a DVD or VHS copy of that online presentation can e-mail email@example.com.)
- Greg Mortensonâ€™s video on the Central Asia Institute, from the Global Perspectives Plenary, is not available through AAUW. For more information about obtaining a video, please visit his website at www.gregmortenson.com.
- The Focus Your Vision video by DeWitt Jones that was shown during the conventionâ€™s opening ceremony is available at www.starthrower.com. You can view it online at no cost or purchase it through the website.
One additional video was a promotional piece produced by AAUW MI. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A subset of our “Historic Pinciples” selected by AAUW NC members who were looking at only one page of the booklet.
Last fall, the “member services database” was launched at www.aauw.org. I helped run a workshop in Phoenix about this, and presented some of the information… Read More »Information on the www.aauw.org database
Mary Peterson and Sheila Bassoppo-Moyo introduced the Young Advocates Toolkit project to the attendees at the AAUW NC 2007 summer meeting. This project is funded in part by an AAUW public policy impact grant and is a collaboration with NC Action for Children. All branches are encouaged to use the project to make connections to at least one local campus with this project whose goal is empowerment of the students.